Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What do you do on a cold Winter day?




You make cake!

What do you do when mom is on a diet and doesn't want to subject herself to temptation stronger than she can handle?  

You make cake in a cup!


I found this recipe and modified it because I have this problem where I never think a recipe is good enough as is.  Also because I don't have any cocoa powder!

I omitted the afore mentioned cocoa and added extra vanilla, cinnamon, and raisins.  I also added about a tablespoon of oatmeal.  Next time I am going to try it without the oil and use applesauce instead.  I will also add more spices because I'm a spice cake nut!  Maybe even grate in a baby carrot or two.  I think it will be divine.

For a cake cooked in the microwave, I was really impressed how quick, easy and yummy it tasted.  That's a good recipe to keep around when you're jonesing for some cake!

Not to be forgotten, this little apple eating ragamuffin wanted me to take pictures of him.  He's so cute and scrubby.  Someone needs to throw him in a bathtub!






3 comments:

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

That looks yummy! So you put the mug right in the oven? They dont break from the heat?

Jessica Stier said...

Actually you put then in the microwave for three minutes. No oven involved! It's a great kid project because of that reason too.

kristina said...

yum! and fun! you are the cake mistress! I am thinking you should open a little cake shop!
and I think I need the recipe for this thing, the girls would love it!